BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Welcome

This blog will outline the steps that i have taken to produce my own indie music magazine

Which music genre do you prefer or best suits you?

Do you pay attention to the slogan of a magazine?

Wednesday 14 April 2010

Work Experience at LIVE/LIVITY MAGAZINE

I was privileged enough to get the opportunity to work at LIVE MAGAZINE for two days; who are a free magazine aimed at the youths of Lambeth. I feel that this was the perfect opportunity to get ideas on how a real magazine industry worked and it has given me loads of ideas to perfect my own magazine, and of course it has helped me to see what working in a magazine headquarters is like. I worked with the design team (who create the layout and illustrations on each magazine page) and i think it was an amazing experience and it helped me to develop my skills on editing programs i had never used before (e.g. adobe illustrator).


I have also managed to get my own illustration into their next issue (based on the future) which is great (displayed above)


Overall i feel this was a really good experience as it has deepened my knowledge on magazine conventions by recognising LIVE'S own compared to magazines i have previously researched: e.g. they have a white mastead and they use the same font throughout the magazine etc. >>>

0 comments: