BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Welcome

This blog will outline the steps that i have taken to produce my own indie music magazine

Which music genre do you prefer or best suits you?

Do you pay attention to the slogan of a magazine?

Monday 19 April 2010

Final front cover layout


Here is my final layout for my front cover. In my point of view, i feel this was the most successful out of my three final pieces. I feel that compared to my first draft, there has been alot of development. I feel that the page looks alot more busy and professional. I have followed quite a few conventions here, for example, the masthead is white (and as i have observed before that alot of mastheads are white), i have included a barcode and price (Which is considerably lower than other leading music magazines e.g. NME), a main image of my featured artist, lists of features in my magazine, a banner at the top of the page and a little 'sticker'.

I am really happy with my final outcome and i can really recognise how much my skills have developed compared to my preliminary task and i can recognise that my knowledge of conventions has developed aswell. I feel that the colour scheme that i had chosen really went well and i think that it would look attractive to my target audience.


I also think the language i used can attract my target audience as i have used puns etc. e.g. "GOOD IDEA OR A PLAN FOR A MONSTER DISASTER?", lady gaga's new album is called MONSTER BALL so i have incorporated the name of her album into my headline, which is quite comical.


As you can see this is my main image from my front page, the original shot and the edited version. I feel that the mise-en-scene from this photograph can represent the social group reading my magazine, through facial expression, a high angled shot, and lighting etc. I have added a spotlight to this image, removed the date with the clone stamp and adjusted the brightness and contrast.

Overall i feel that this was a successful layout for my magazine, and when looking at my interview page and contents page, you can see the assocciation between each page and you can tell that it is from the same magazine etc.

0 comments: