BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Welcome

This blog will outline the steps that i have taken to produce my own indie music magazine

Which music genre do you prefer or best suits you?

Do you pay attention to the slogan of a magazine?

Friday 16 April 2010

First draft of Contents Page

This is my first draft for my content's page. As you can see i have included my editors letter and the images i mentioned before. I feel that even though it was a good attempt and i think that i have grasped the overall layout of a contents page, i feel that it could be so much better and i feel that i have not followed conventions to an appropriate extent, even though this can possibly be a good thing, but i would rather follow them than go against them. For example i feel that i would prefer a white background (as a lot of magazines do, and i think it also looks more professional)- in contrast to my black background, but i wanted to experiment with colours etc.

I also think that the top right hand corner seems very empty and i think i could fill this with more content for my magazine (E.g.more page numbers and stories). I also think that i would change the way 'CONTENTS' is written, even though i do like the fact that it is broken up, but maybe my target audience will find it hard to understand or find it unnecessary.
On the other hand i do like my use of images and the overall style of the contents can be related to the rest of my magazine e.g. front cover and interview. and i think it looks like a music magazine.


I shall make ammendments to this, along with my front cover and interview page.

0 comments: