BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Welcome

This blog will outline the steps that i have taken to produce my own indie music magazine

Which music genre do you prefer or best suits you?

Do you pay attention to the slogan of a magazine?

Thursday 22 April 2010

Final contents page layout

Here is my final layout for my contents and as you can see, it is completely changed from my draft attempt. I have changed my background from black to white (as i had researched a few magazines and found that they where white and i wanted to be conventional) I have maintained my images though, but i have changed the heading of the page. Instead of using the 'CO-NT-ENTS' layout i used in my previous design, i have decided to use my masthead (with added lens flare similar to my front cover, to show a relation to my front page and keep my magazineflowing.




(here you can see a white background-Q mag)


I have also added subheadings (which is also present in current music magazines which helped assist this decision) to help make finding regular items etc. easily accessible to my readers.
I have also kept my editors letter as i feel this is a vital part of my contents page and making the magazine look a bit more laid back.
I feel that there is such a large improvement compared to my draft and my preliminary task as it looks so much more busy and readable. I hope this will attract my target audience and help my magazines content to be easy to find and skip through etc.










These are the pictures that i used in my final contents page, as you can see i have edited my image for my main artist as i feel that it was way too large to put on my final page and it looked a bit dull, so i adjusted the brightness and contrast and added a film grain effect. With my image of the guitar i slightly adjusted the contrast. I feel that adding the image of a guitar can make it slightly more obvious that INDIGO is a music magazine as without it, just having pictures of RHIRHI can make it seem more fashion based etc.
The overall content of my magazine includes competitions, interviews and posters etc. to keep my target audience interested and more likely to purchase my magazine again.
Overall i think that this was very successful.

0 comments: