BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Welcome

This blog will outline the steps that i have taken to produce my own indie music magazine

Which music genre do you prefer or best suits you?

Do you pay attention to the slogan of a magazine?

Thursday 15 April 2010

Analysing contents pages



Here are two analysed sets of contents pages from Q magazine (click on images to enlarge and view in detail) I have recognised that on two different issues, they have used the same layout, colour scheme and font etc. in each contents page. Its very obvious what conventions are used in these two images as they are consistent throughout each issue, and i am sure that if i was to search more Q magazine contents pages, they will be present aswell.
Analysing these examples of contents pages has helped me recognise the typical music magazine layout of a contents page. I have also recognised important conventions, so i can use them in my own magazine.
I will further investigate language used in music magazines and what technique will suit my own target audience.


0 comments: