BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Welcome

This blog will outline the steps that i have taken to produce my own indie music magazine

Which music genre do you prefer or best suits you?

Do you pay attention to the slogan of a magazine?

Thursday 25 March 2010

Interview Page



This is my first draft for my interview page of my main featured artist RHIRHI. She a artist of my own creation, and i have tried to follow as many conventions and templates of current interview articles and pages i have studied (E.g. Kate Nash interview analysis). I noticed that many interview pages of current music magazines included a stand-first, so i have followed this influence and created my own, including things such as an introduction of the artist, what they are wearing and a slight insight into what the interview contains.
I also saw that many magazines included pull quotes, which are little quotes from the interview which are normally embedded into the actual interview, so i added my own drop quotes such as "PEPPERAMIS AND DOCTOR PEPPER...HEALTHY FOOD DOESN'T EXIST IN MY WORLD."; this is quite a comical quote so i felt that it would pull the reader in to read the rest of the interview because it sounds interesting.
I have used a few colours from my colour palette (pink, black and white) as i feel that using all the colours would not have benefited the professionalism of my interview page and could have made it look a bit messy. I may carry on to experiment with colour when i develop to create my final magazine pieces to see the variations that could potentially work with my target audience.
I feel that the images i have chosen from my photo shoot portray the personality of my artist as a result of her facial expression and posture. Having two photographs can help the reader to see my artist on two different levels; (one quite happy, with a relaxed posture representing the artist out of the spotlight, and one with her instrument showing her more professional side). Also, i have focused on the mise-en-scene of the photo shoot to represent indie music; e.g. checkered shirt, lots of jewellery, nerd glasses and a guitar. I had noticed that a lot of music magazines (i.e.NME) use black and white or sepia effect photographs in their interview pages:

<< As you can see NME have used a black and white/sepia effect photograph as their main feature on the page, embedded in the interview. They have also added a pull quote. Something else that i have realised is that they have added random information at the bottom of the page within the "did you know?" header, this may also be another idea that i might experiment with when i produce my final product.


I have decided to use black and white images in my interview double page to follow conventions. I have also added my own personal flair to the photograph by colouring the shirt in one of the pictures. I have done this to attract my younger audiences as i feel that a black and white page with little colour can seem quite boring to the younger generation of readers.
I have also added the Facebook link to my featured artist's page so that the audience can get on a more personal level with the artist and they can get to know her a bit better.

0 comments: