BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Welcome

This blog will outline the steps that i have taken to produce my own indie music magazine

Which music genre do you prefer or best suits you?

Do you pay attention to the slogan of a magazine?

Friday 26 March 2010

Defining my music genre and relevent artists that may be featured in my magazine

This is a moodboard of a selection of artists that may be featured in my magazine (e.g. in my contents page and front cover). These are mainly male indie/rock artists. I have recognised the mise-en-scene in these photographs are very similar which defines what indie rock artists look like etc. I have also noticed that they are mainly black and white or sepia photographs. Also looking at the facial expressions of these artists they all look quite serious and slightly intimidating. These artists include: THE KILLERS, KINGS OF LEON, OASIS, SNOW PATROL, OWL CITY, THE FRAY, THE ARCTIC MONKEYS, MCR and COLDPLAY.


These are some indie girl artists/bands that will be seen more popular amungst my target audience which are girls. Even though the boys will also attract many of the girls due to attraction etc. I feel that they are more likely to listen to female artists. I can see that the mise-en-scene and style of the photographs are completely different to those of the boys. These artists may also be included in my front cover or contents pages. These artists include: KE$HA (who is a mix of indie rock/techno), LADY GAGA (who can be seen as a pop artist but i am planning to include her in my magazine by having her co-orporate with a indie artist or band), THE TING TINGS, PIXIE LOTT, KATE NASH, LITTLE BOOTS, ELLIE GOULDING and ALPHABEAT.

0 comments: