BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Welcome

This blog will outline the steps that i have taken to produce my own indie music magazine

Which music genre do you prefer or best suits you?

Do you pay attention to the slogan of a magazine?

Friday 26 March 2010

Iconography of my music genre-album covers

These are some recent and past album covers by the artists i have forementioned. I have noticed that all the male artist groups do not actually have images of themselves on their artwork, whereas the female artists all do. Maybe this is because they feel that they need to be recognised as a person/celebrity and not by their music? There is no consistent colour scheme for all the album covers and they all differenciate from eachother, mainly because they want to be easily identified amonst other artists from their genre. There are alot of bright colours though, which supports my choices of colour on my colour palette. All of these album covers help to represent the iconism of indie music and this can help me furthermore revise the mise-en-scene and style of this music genre.

0 comments: